Nowadays, where there are a lot of hair types, hair forms, and hairstyles, one of them is also known as 2A hair which is a sub form or type of hair.
Other types of hairs are type 2, 2b hair, 2c hair, 4c hair, etc.
If you have hair that is straight from the roots to near the eyes and then fall into gently tousled waves, you have 2A type hair.
People with this texture of hair can be easily straighten their hair because the roots of this type of hair are basically straighten, so a very fine result can be profound after straightening the 2a hair.
“The type of hairs which basically refers to the wavy tresses or slightly curly hair or waved form of hair.”
However, it is also true that Type 2A is wavier than straight hair but not curly, it is called as a very loosely defined wave.
In this type of hair, the distance between waves is longer as compare to 2b hair or other type.
Is 2A Hair Wavy?
Yes, 2a hairs are wavy form of hair. In this spectrum, it is falling between curly and straight strands.
This hair type is overall the most manageable and low maintenance, but is the thinnest in body.
However, you want to ensure that you do not weigh it down with heavy hair products.
Wave or Curl Form
It is a consideration that wave form or curl form of hair are probably similar, but in actual there is a differentiating line between both hair forms or styles.
Between two curls there is a very short distance while between two waves of hair, there is a bit great distance than curls.
However, in summer days, the distance between waves become shorter due to high rate of humidity and as a result, the 2a hairs are seems to be more curly hair rather than wavy form.
Due to a unique type of hair of 2A, it contains certain specific characteristics which are as following,
- Gentle type
- Tousled texture
- Straightened roots
- Loose undefined wavy ends
- Large distance between waves
- Slightly curled
- Slight s-shaped bends
- Easy to straighten
- Heavy hair products are not suitable
When it comes to Type, the choice of the brush can either make your day good or make it a bad hair day.
From detangling it with a high-quality brush, you can give yourself a sharp and neat look.
Taking care of your hairs are so important for their healthy growth and strong roots. In this regard, brushes play a vital role.
So type 2a hair also have some specific brushes, the use of which is also the part of caring it.
Following are some brushes which are more suitable for 2a hair type,
- Detangling brush – For removing tangles and knots
- Wide-toothed comb – Will not flatten out the natural waves and cause no frizz.
- Vented ceramic brush – Help increase hair volume
- Vented round brush – Help distribute hot air while blow drying
Products for 2A Hair
For healthier 2a hair, there are some specific products available in the market, which one should be used, if s/he can afford it.
The products for 2A hair are as follows,
- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk. …
- Catwalk by TIGI Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier. ..
- Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream. …
- AG Hair Re:Coil Curl Activator.
- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie. …
- Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Curl Defining Combing Cream. …
- Curly Hair Solutions – Curl Keeper GEL
- Nature’s Protein Coconut Restore Coconut Cocktail Curl Mousse
- Briogeo Matcha + Apple Replenishing Superfood Shampoo